shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Swifts Match Reports – Sunday 10th February 2019

Under 7’s

On Sunday Tenby Under 7s were treated to a morning of indoor rugby, travelling to Carmarthen Athletic RFC. With a large squad, Carmarthen were able to offer the team four 10 minute games. In each of the matches both teams were very evenly matched, each scoring some excellent tries and building in their defensive skills.  The dry playing surface made for some fast running rugby. The overall score over the four games ended with 18 tries each,  a fitting result for the energetic teams.
Man of the match went to Craig for his excellent running.
Team – Caitlyn Lewis, Rupert James, Jude Christen, Ethan Brace, Jevan Guymer, Dylan Drewett, Craig Roberts, Bradley Rossiter.
Tries – Ethan(6), Craig(4), Jude(4), Jevan(2), Dylan, Caitlyn.

Under 10’s

Tenby under 10s welcomed Milford Haven to a cold Sunday morning at the Clicketts! Captained by Jayden Cray, both sides looked good with ball in hand early but it was Tenby who scored two trys in quick succession! Evan Christen and then Ethan Wright going over after some hard running and good hands out wide! Despite some solid work in defence by a determined Milford team tenby started showing their quality towards the end of the half with trys from Logan Hall, Madoc Evans and Will Day! Second half started as the first one finished with tenby taking the upper hand! Some slick running by Logan Hall seen him cross over for his second and third! This seemed to be the wake up call Milford needed and soon they were crossing the white line themselves! 2 line breaks saw Milford go over twice in the corner! Tenby came back through trys for Ethan Lewis, Jayden Cray and Thomas Prince! Before Milford got a late consolation at the end! Very good hard fought game between 2 willing teams which finished 13-3 to Tenby! Man of the match went to Ethan Wright who put in a solid performance. Special mention to the tenby boys who helped make the numbers for Milford:-  Ollie tucks, Ethan Lewis, Madoc, Logan, Bennett, Ethan Wright, Iestyn, Lucas and Evan

Try scorers Evan (2) Ethan W (2) Logan (3) Madoc (1) Will Day (1) Ethan L (2) Jayden (1) Thomas (1)


Under 11’s

Last Sunday Tenby Under 11s travelled away to a bitterly cold Milford. From previous meetings the seasiders knew they were in for a battle upfront. Both sets of forwards battled from the first whistle but it would be Milford who quickly seized the first opportunity to open the score. The try was converted and the home side took an early 7-0 lead. Milford continued to apply the pressure. Wave after wave of attack came and saw Tenby having to defend their own line. After several attempts to break through the defence Milford final created enough space out wide to cross for try two and extend the lead to 14-0. Tenby were trying everything to swing the momentum their way, some impressive runs by the likes of Sophie, Lewis and Owen saw Tenby for the first time in the game sustain a period of pressure in Milfords half. But when the ref deemed Tenby to be coming in from the side at the breakdown Milford regained possession and quick hands caught the seasiders off guard and allowed Milford to run in try number three. Converted once again the score now sat at 21-0. Just before the half time whistle Milford were to take advantage of another penalty awarded to them and cross for their forth try leaving the score at the break at 28-0. The second half started as the first with both sets of forwards fighting for possession in the breakdown. Tenby fought hard and their work rate was impressive working together as a team to try and gain some vital territory but Milford were to be the team to score first in the second half and extend their lead to 33-0. To the seasiders credit they never let their heads drop and continued to fight for their first try. They were able to put some good phases together and the backs started to use their speed to cut afew lines through the Milford defence to push the play back into Milford’s half. When some off side decisions went the the seasiders way they began to build their own bit of pressure and once the ball found the hands of Lewis he showed his strength to power over the line and get Tenby a well deserved try. This would be the last score of the morning and leave the final score at 33-5 to Milford.


Under 12’s

The Seasiders welcomed Crymych to the Clicketts on Sunday. With a competitive start, it was obvious that it was going to be an evenly matched game and all the players were up for a good mornings play! Tenby had the initial advantage with a good period of pressure within Crymch’s 22 and Dan was unlucky not to score after a really strong run that was halted just shy of the tryline. Keeping up the momentum however with quick recycling of the ball at the ruck, saw Rhys S use his strength to drive through the visitors defence and get first blood for the black and reds! With Fin successfully converting, Tenby were 7-0 up and raring for more!

After a real focus on tackling in the last training session, all the boys were fired up and the improvement in both their confidence and execution was clear for all to see. Eddie demonstrated this with two try-saving tackles in quick succession, keeping Tenby’s lead secure. He was also unlucky not to score himself after a long run along the sideline, running out of space as the opposing fullback hightailed it across the pitch.

While the pack of Iwan; Cody; Sonny; Rhys S; Tom W; Deri and Rhydian were working really hard controlling the play in centre of the field, the backs were also running hard and the passing along the line was far more accurate and faster than it has been of late. Tom Y and Cemylyn, as is their usual style, showed the Crymych side some fierce tackling and fast feet, with Paddy, Dan; Ieuan and Nathan (in his first ever competitive game) finding great space and using the width of the pitch to the best advantage. The attacking play was so much improved and this was evident with both Tom Y and Eddie both literally just inches from scoring but the Crymych defence held strong. The first half subsequently ended at 7-0.

Crymych utilised this strength as the second half started and managed to break through the Tenby defence to score their own try, which went uncoverted. 7-5. This spurred the home side on again and with a renewed energy, the whole team worked well as a unit with good line formation, to enable Cody to drive over the line for Tenby’s second try of the match, again successfully converted by Fin. The scoreline now read 14-5. Sonny was so close to also getting his name on the scoresheet with a fabulous run through lots of Crymych defenders, with Eddie once again caught just before the line after jinxing through players in the centre of the park. All this consistent pressure and patience by the Seasiders paid off however and after a whole effort of effective rucking, driving, recycling and passing, Rhys S scored his second try of the game (Fin converting, 3 out of 3!) It was good to see. To their credit, Crymych didn’t lose their determination and before the final whistle they ran in a second try of their own, which was unconverted. The final score thus was 21-10 to Tenby.
In his first match, Nathan was the coaches man of the match. Well done to him.

The squad was: Nathan; Paddy; Dan; Rhydian; Tom W; Tom Y; Cemlyn; Rhys S; Sonny; Dan; Ieuan; Iwan; Fin; Cody and Eddie.


Leave a Reply