shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Swifts Match Reports – Sunday 10th March 2019

Under 7’s

On Sunday Tenby Under 7s hosted St David’s RFC on the sand pitch at the Clicketts, in extremely cold and blustery conditions.  The game was split into two 10 minute halves, with Tenby dominating the first half. Tries from Jude, Leo and Ethan securing confidence within the team. The second half saw a change in the weather with the kids having to suffer the effects of a long hail shower, putting the running rugby on hold. Tenby continued to defend well as a team, also seeing a further try from Ethan. In the end, the result went in the favour of St David’s, with Tenby losing 8 tries to 6. Man of the match went to Bobby FT, who had a brilliant performance in his 1st match back. Welcome back Bobby!
Team – Caitlyn Lewis, Rupert James, Dylan Drewett, Bradley Rossiter, Craig Roberts, Jevan Guymer, Jude Christen, Ethan Brace, Rhys Broadhurst, Bobby Waters, Leo Werner, Bobby Field-Thomas
Tries – Jude (3), Ethan (2), Leo

Under 10’s

Tenby Under 10s welcomed St Davids to the Clickets, for what promised to be another great display of rugby and the spectators were not disappointed. Led by Captain Bennett, Tenby defended strongly against a well drilled St Davids offence. St Davids passed the ball around well and were quick in the breakdown; however Tenby matched them play for play and soon St Davids attack wore down, Tenby managed to turn the ball over more and more, this led to trys from, George, Evan and Logan. St Davids were always close behind and sealed a couple of trys before half time. Second half and here comes the rain, this didn’t dampen Tenby’s spirit as their attacking plays just got stronger, with both Jayden and Thomas getting on the score sheet.
An excellent day, despite the weather, with some great running rugby and solid defending. Tenby finishing the winners 7-3.
Man of the Match went to Jayden who’s pace on the wind was a constant threat to St Davids.
Under 11’s

Last Sunday Tenby Under 11s travelled to take part in a round robin against New Dock Stars and home team Carmarthen. First game of the morning for the seasiders was against the Llanelli based New Dock Stars. Tenby were put on the back foot very quickly with the opposition scoring a quick opening try. The first half saw Tenby fighting their way back into the game and in the process started to piece  some good phases together and gain some much needed territory. It would eventually be a strong run by Owen and link with Rhys which saw play head back up into the opposition’s half and the forwards set up camp near the New Dock star’s  try line. One big push from the forwards drew the New Dock Stars defence in and produced the gap for Alfie to cross and equal the try count leaving the score at half time 7-7. The second half started this time with the seasiders applying the pressure and having the opposition defend their line, a quick burst of pace saw Owen crash over and saw Tenby in the lead for the first time 7-14. New Dock Stars hit were to hit back straight from the kick off and run in their second try and the score was level once more. Tenby continued to run the ball at every opportunity and when possession was ripped out of the opposition’s hands by Owen it set Rhys up for a lovely run up field and a perfectly timed offload to Louie put him over for try three and have the score sit at 14-21. A strong run by Rowan from the kick off followed and took play quickly back up field and once the ball found itself in the safe hands of Alfie he sliced his way through the defence to score his second and secure the win for Tenby. Final score was 14-28 to the seasiders. Tenby’s second game of the morning was to be against the home side Carmarthen. Both teams came out firing and it was clear that the battle up front was going to be a key factor in the game. Tenby applied the first wave of pressure and some strong pushes forward by the likes of Lewis and Sophie saw Carmarthen having to defend their own line for the majority of the first half. But their defence stood strong and Tenby were unable to create the space to cross the line. After afew penalties went in favour of the home side momentum soon turned their way and they took the opportunity just before half time to cross in the corner. After a missed conversion the half time score was 5-0 to Carmarthen. The second half continued with the battle up front. Both sets of forwards were having to work extremely hard to retain the ball and possession was to change sides a number of times. The backs also made their presence known was some big defensive tackles going in. Tenby tried everything to gain the vital territory needed to produce their own try but  unfortunately their efforts weren’t rewarded. The full time score remained at 5-0 to Carmarthen. Man of the match was Lewis.


Leave a Reply