shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Swifts Match Reports – Sunday 14th April 2019

Under 10’s

Tenby Swifts Under 10’s travelled to Cardigan RFC for the end of season festival. All Pembrokeshire teams would play each other and the two top teams at the end of the day will advance to the Pembrokeshire Finals Day to compete for the Under 10’s trophy. Tenby had some tough teams in their group, but despite the pressure, Tenby remained calm. First up was Llangwm, Tenby went straight on the offence with some excellent wide balls to finish 5-1 winners. Try scorers, Logan (3), Ethan W and Ollie. Next was Pembroke, Tenby used their momentum and got on the score sheet quickly and were just too much for Pembroke winning the game 5-3. Try scorers, Rhys B, Thomas, Logan and Ethan W (2). Crymych were up next and potentially Tenby’s toughest opponents. Crymych are known for having quick counter attacks and lightning wingers; however Tenby played their own game, kept the ball secure and the forwards played a huge part in Tenby winning this encounter 4-1. Try scorers, Ollie, Ethan L (2) and George. Local rivals Narberth, who were also having a strong day, were Tenby’s next game. Coming off 3 excellent battles helped Tenby hit the game running and the Swifts quickness and solid defence was just too much for the young Otters, with Tenby winning 5-0. Try scorers, Ollie (2), Logan (3). Last match was St. Davids, again Tenby’s defence was solid and the Swifts were dominant in the rucks. St. Davids were not given the chance to attack and Tenby won the final game 4-0. Try scorers, Thomas, Rhys B and Logan (2).

Tenby topped their group and will meet Haverfordwest on finals day in Pembroke. The coaches would like to thank the hard work the young Swifts put in all season and in the festival.

Swifts in picture – Logan, Bennett, Lucas, Iestyn, Will, Thomas, Ethan W, Jack, Ollie, Madoc, Ethan L, George, Rhys and Tyler.


Under 11’s

This past weekend Tenby Under 11s played host to two touring teams. The first was to take place Friday night at Heywood lane against Tondu. Both teams came out looking up for the challenge. Both sets of forwards got involved straight away and worked hard to secure possession. Tenby kept the pressure on and pinned Tondu in their own half for the majority of the first half and were to be finally rewarded with a try for Connor in the corner. Tondu were quick to respond with a wave of attack which gained them vital territory and would now have the seasiders having to defend their try line.Tondu’s persistence was to pay of and they were to equal the score just on half time at 5-5. The second half saw Tondu come out strong and Tenby were quick to find themselves once again defending their own line and the visitors were soon to take the lead 5-10.Tondu started to build some momentum and the seasiders were finding it hard to get out of their own half, but when Liam out on the wing found himself with ball in hand he turned on the speed and no one was going to catch him. The seasiders had brought the score back to 10-10. Both teams when in possession pieced together some good phases of play but it would be Tondu who would turn the possession into points with three unanswered tries and extend their lead to 10-25. The seasiders never once gave up fighting for their own chances to score and as the game was nearing full time it would be Alfie who gave the home supporters one last try to cheer as he sliced his way through the Tondu defence and have the score at full time be 15-25 to Tondu. After the physical encounter at Heywood lane on Friday, Tenby looked to welcome Trebanos on Sunday morning. Trebanos started the game with a real fire in their belly and quickly scored from the kick off. Trebanos were quick to follow this with four more unanswered tries and extend their lead to 0-25. Tenby were struggling to hold on to possession and piece together enough phases to gain territory but they kept their heads and work as a team to slowly push Trebanos back into their own half and a determined run by Owen saw him crash over for a well deserved try. The visitors were to quickly reply to this with a another try of their own and the score at half time stood at 5-30. Tenby started the second half stronger than the first. Some quick hands along the backs and great support from the forwards saw the seasiders put the pressure on Trebanos and have them defend their own line. The visitors defence was strong but Tenbys perservence paid off and Rocco with the support of his forwards crashed over for try number two. Score was now 10-30.  For the last quarter Trebanos were to overwhelm the home teams defence with wave after wave of attack. The seasiders tackled hard but the touring side were to run in a further five tries and have the full time score finish at 10-55.


Leave a Reply